Sunday, February 22, 2009

Weavers and spinners of the Plains

I was so excited a couple of months back when I was contacted by a very nice woman about joining the Weavers and Spinners of the Plains group. I went to North Platte and met a great group of women. Everyone brought something that they had been working on. The talent and creativity was amazing. Beautiful scarves, place mats, rug mugs, rugs and many other items. I got some great ideas and have implemented them in my own work. I had not been putting a header on my rugs, and they told me it really made it easier to tie the knots. So I have started doing that on my own rugs and it has made a great difference. We have our next meeting in Ogalalla on March 14th, and I can't wait to see all the amazing things everyone will bring.

No comments: