Thursday, April 2, 2009

Fabric flowers

I use a lot of my fabric scraps from making the cloaks in my rugs. Sometimes I have fabrics that I am unable to use in my rugs. Mostly the satins and brocades. I was working with a black brocade and I had lots of scraps and I was trying to think of something I could use them for. This brocade is beautiful. Black with red flowers and then the underside is red with black flowers. So I thought about making 3-D flowers that could be used to pin on clothing or purses or even shoes. So I checked out the books when I was at Joann's and I found " Fun to Wear Fabric Flowers" by Elizabeth Helene Searle. It is an amazing book. It has about 35 different flowers to make. Pansy's, roses, dahlia's, daffodil's, camellia's and many more. It tells about many different kinds of fabric to use and several different technique's. And the pictures are out of this world. Very nicely illustrated with great, easy to follow directions. I can't wait to try them all out. Stay tuned for some pictures of my new spring flowers.

No comments: