Monday, June 15, 2009

Rain

Western Nebraska has been in a drought for 8 or 9 years. It's been going on so long that it is hard to remember when it started. But I think that it is finally over. We have had 7.35 inches of rain in the last week. That is half of our yearly rainfall in a week. The pastures and hills are so green. It is such a pretty sight. We don't have much of a problem where I live with flooding because I live in the Sandhills and most of the water just soaks into the ground. There are some fields with low spots that have standing water, but not too bad. I think the county roads suffered the most with many spots washed out from so much water. I am very thankful for all the rain. The wheat looks good and we should have a good crop, plus I haven't had to water the lawn or garden in forever. And with the sun finally out my garden should just grow and grow and grow!

No comments: