Friday, July 24, 2009

The old into the new


I saw this book (can't remember the title now) about taking old clothing and turning it into something new. It had some great stuff and gave me some great ideas. I had these two skirts that were so cute, but they didn't fit. So I had this idea to turn them into capelets. I started by cutting up the seam where the zipper was. Then I took the zipper out, serged the seams and then sewed the edge down. My biggest problem was how to do the neck. I finally decided on just taking some tucks. I sewed all of those down and then I thought about putting a ribbon on. I couldn't find exactly what I wanted, so I just put a little hidden hook and eye at the neck. It turned out so cute. And I only threw away just a little tiny amount of fabric. Find it here http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=28283047
s

No comments: